In this article, Students Mirror Educators looks at the Wellspring University dress code. It’s important for an aspirant or newly admitted student to know the Wellspring University Dress Code in order to avoid embarrassment by lecturers, security officers, and others at the university.
Wellspring University students are known to be decent. The management had set down dress code for her students. Students of the university are instructed to abide by the dress code. As a male or female student, not every clothing or hairstyle is permitted on campus. The management is strict in requiring students to stick to the laid-down rules and regulations of the university.
Wellspring University is a licensed private university in Nigeria established in November 2009. It is situated in Benin City, Edo state, Nigeria. Wellspring University was established on firm Christian beliefs and principles to provide a well-rounded education that’s capable of enabling undergraduates to develop valuable intellectual knowledge and practical life skills with sound morals among others. The University management facilitates the spiritual and godly training of the students.
In this article, we’ve listed the dos and don’ts when it comes to dressing on campus. Like other universities, Wellspring University has its own dress code for students, and that is what we’ll be looking at right away.
Wellspring University Dress Code for Students
- Students are required to wear their student ID cards around their necks while on campus.
- Male students of Wellspring University should always keep their hair well-combed and tidy. Hair styles such as dreadlocks, weaves, etc. are prohibited.
- Male and female students at Wellspring are not permitted to apply colored dye to their hair.
- The Wellspring University administration prohibits male students from wearing their hair curled.
- Male students are not permitted to grow bushy beards.
- Clothes with derogatory or immoral slogans or images on them are prohibited.
- Female students are not allowed to wear jeggings (or leggings) with a short top unless the top is long enough to fully cover her.
- Ripped jeans are not permitted to be worn to lectures, exam halls, administrative buildings, etc.
- Scant clothing, including spaghetti tops, body huggers, topless blouses, and short gowns, is prohibited on campus.
- Flip-flops from the bathroom are not permitted in the administrative and academic sections of the university.
- If necessary, female students are recommended to wear minimal makeup.
- Male students are not permitted to wear earrings.
- Sleeveless clothes are not allowed for either gender.
- Worn-out or torn pants are not allowed.
- Clothes that expose body parts such as laps, backs, breasts, etc. are not acceptable.
- Appropriate jewelry is only permitted.
- Sleeveless, strapless, or spaghetti-style outfits are not allowed on the university premises.
- Strapped blouses or dresses with plunging necklines and the like are not allowed on the university premises.
- Halters and tubes are not allowed on the university premises.
- Cropped trousers or blouses that expose the abdomen are not allowed on the university premises.
- Tight-fitting blouses and dresses are not allowed on the university premises.
- Beach clothes (including blouses that do not cover the mid-body parts), walking shorts, and “pontong,” or tight pedal pushers, are not allowed on the university’s premises.
- Short dresses and skirts that are more than two (2) inches above the middle of the knee are not allowed on the university premises.
- Brow, nose, or lip rings, etc not allowed.
- Clothing that exposes body tattoos is not allowed on university premises.
These are some of the dress codes at Wellspring University for students. The ban on some of the dresses mentioned above may have been lifted since the publication of this article. You can check the institution’s official website for the updated dress code for its university students.