In this article, we’ll be looking at who is a successful entrepreneur as well as the roles and rules of successful entrepreneurs
Meaning of Successful Entrepreneur
A successful entrepreneur is someone who has started and grown a successful business. This can involve creating a new product or service, identifying a need in the market and filling it, or developing a unique business model that sets a company apart from its competitors. Successful entrepreneurs are typically characterized by their ability to identify opportunities, take calculated risks, and persevere in the face of challenges. They are also often skilled at building teams, managing finances, and adapting to changing market conditions.
Roles Of Successful Entrepreneurs
We have just looked at Who Is a successful entrepreneur, we’ll now look at the roles of successful entrepreneurs. Successful entrepreneurs typically have several key roles, including being a visionary, a leader, a decision-maker, a strategist, and a manager. As a visionary, successful entrepreneurs are able to see opportunities where others may not and have the foresight to anticipate future trends and developments. As a leader, they are able to inspire and motivate others to work towards a common goal. As a decision-maker, they are able to make difficult choices and take calculated risks to move their business forward. As a strategist, they are able to develop a plan for their business and adapt to changes in the market. And as a manager, they are able to effectively oversee the day-to-day operations of their business and ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Rules of Successful Entrepreneurs
There is no one-size-fits-all set of rules for successful entrepreneurship. What works for one entrepreneur may not work for another, and success can depend on a wide range of factors such as the entrepreneur’s industry, target market, and unique skills and abilities.
However, there are some common traits and practices that many successful entrepreneurs share. These can include things like passion and drive, the ability to take calculated risks, the ability to adapt to changing market conditions, and the ability to build and lead a strong team. Successful entrepreneurs often have a clear vision for their business and are able to communicate that vision to others in a compelling way. They are also able to identify opportunities and act on them quickly, and they are willing to put in the hard work and long hours that are often required to make a business successful.
Overall, successful entrepreneurship involves a combination of many different factors, and the key to success is to find a formula that works for you and your business.
However, without much ado, let’s look at some Roles Of Successful Entrepreneurs according to Princewill Odidi.
- Always dress well. Dressing well does not mean you need to have many clothes, if you have one or two pants, get it well ironed and be presentable. If you have some change buy a good deodorant or perfume. First impressions matter. A good haircut gives you a smart look.
- Learn to greet and complement friends, colleagues and business partners. Be polite and simple but firm in character.
- Never underestimate anyone. As much as you can treat every business call as your next breakthrough.
- As much as you can, speak the truth, you can hold strong opinions, but try not to curse or insult others.
- A few weeks ago, a friend of mine in this portal, a current federal permanent secretary, made a statement and a lot of young people cursed him. You can meet him someday or need his assistance. Learn from me at least, I talk tough, but I don’t curse. I still have healthy relationships with many I disagree with.
- Maintain a healthy network. Always stay in touch with people within your network. Try as much as possible not to create enemies for yourself. Remember I said healthy networks, some networks are not healthy.
- Don’t cut people out of your life too quickly, especially as a young entrepreneur. Ten to twenty years down the road some may come handy.
- About 10 years ago, I met a very wealthy businessman in one of my international meetings. We transacted some business, he failed to pay as agreed. I let it go. We kept on talking and doing other things. Ten years later, he called me, offered me a project 10 times bigger than the first. The key is this, even though he offended me earlier, I was angry, but I kept the window or relationship open.
Lesson: Don’t be quick in cutting off people from your life, especially when you are still young.
- Don’t be a jack of all trades and master of none. Let people get to know you for something. Package yourself all the time. Always present yourself corporate, it increases your value. If you have a small business, get a website and corporate business email. Maintain good customer service to attract more referrals.
- Honor your father and mother, anyone older than you should be honored. As much as you can, always put on a smile, it attracts opportunities and divine favor. Success is infectious, again, treat every relationship as your next big opportunity.
Article Title: Who Is A Successful Entrepreneur
Complied by: Students Mirror Educators