In this article, we’ll primarily be looking at FUNAI School Fees for Medicine and Surgery. But before we proceed, let’s take a look at a brief history and other information about the AE-FUNAI College of Medicine.
FUNAI College of Medicine
The Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI) College of Medicine is a top-rated institution that is committed to producing skilled and competent medical professionals. The college is part of the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences in FUNAI, which was established in 2011.
The College of Medicine offers various programs, including the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS), and the Bachelor of Anatomy (B. Anat). The MBBS program is the flagship course offered by the college and is a six-year program that consists of a pre-clinical phase and a clinical phase.
The pre-clinical phase, which spans the first three years of the program, covers basic medical sciences such as anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, and pathology. The clinical phase, which spans the remaining three years, involves clinical rotations and practical training in different medical specialties such as surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, internal medicine, and psychiatry.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide students with a comprehensive and rigorous educational program that will enable them to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for the practice of medicine and surgery.
- To foster an environment that promotes a commitment to lifelong learning, professional growth, and excellence in patient care.
- To provide students with opportunities to engage in research and scholarly activities that will enhance their understanding of medicine and surgery and contribute to the advancement of the field.
- To develop leaders in medicine and surgery who are capable of shaping the future of healthcare through innovation, collaboration, and advocacy.
- Patient Care: To provide doctors in training with the skills and knowledge required to deliver safe, effective, and compassionate patient care.
- Medical Knowledge: To enable doctors in training to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the scientific basis of medicine and surgery, including the principles of diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of illness.
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement: To foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement where medical practitioners are encouraged to critically evaluate their own practice, identify areas for improvement, and make necessary changes.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills: To develop doctors’ ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and other members of the healthcare team, and to work collaboratively to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Professionalism: To promote ethical behavior, professionalism, and respect for patients, colleagues, and the broader community.
- Systems-Based Practice: To enable doctors in training to understand and navigate the complex healthcare system and to work effectively within interprofessional teams to optimize patient care.
- Research and Scholarly Activity: To provide doctors in training with opportunities to engage in research and scholarly activities that will enhance their understanding of medicine and surgery and contribute to the advancement of the field.
However, the Medicine and Surgery College aims to produce highly skilled and knowledgeable physicians who are committed to delivering excellent patient care, engaging in lifelong learning, and contributing to the advancement of medicine and surgery through research and scholarly activities.
How Much Is FUNAI School Fees for Medicine and Surgery?
The school fees for Medicine and Surgery in Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo ranges from N235,500 to N407,500, depending on the level of the student.
Here are the approved charges for medical students (freshmen) for the current academic session, including the amounts and remarks:
- Acceptance Fee: 52,000.00
- Student Charges: 104,000.00
- Students Service Charges:
- Faculty Dues: 2,000.00
- Departmental Dues: 1,500.00
- Matriculation Charges: 5,000.00
- Hostel Maintenance Charges (compulsory): 20,000.00
- Hostel Accommodation (compulsory): 51,000.00
- Total: 52,000.00 + 112,500.00 + 71,000.00 = 235,500.00
- Development Levy: 250,000.00
- Parent Forum Fee: 50,000.00
- Internet Services: 6,500.00
- T-Shirt: 2,000.00
- ID Card: 1,500.00
- SUG Dues: 1,500.00
Here are the school fees for all levels.
Note that the fees contained in the table above doesn’t contain the Development Levy, Parent Forum Fee, Internet Services, Convocation/certificate, SUG Dues among others. For more detailed information about FUNAI School Fees for Medicine and Surgery, visit the institution’s official website via https://funai.edu.ng/approved-charges-for-collage-of-medicine/.