Embarking on a journey towards a career in medicine and surgery is both exciting and challenging. One crucial aspect to consider is the cost of education, as well as the admission process and requirements for medical schools. In this article, we will delve into the ESUT School Fees for Medicine and Surgery, providing you with a comprehensive overview of the program and valuable insights into the admission requirements at the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) Medical School.
ESUT’s Medical School holds a distinguished reputation for its rigorous curriculum and commitment to producing highly skilled medical professionals. Aspiring doctors who seek to pursue their dreams at this renowned institution need to be well informed about the financial obligations and admission criteria associated with the medical program.
Understanding the cost of education is a vital consideration for prospective medical students. While the exact figures may vary over time, having an overview of ESUT’s School Fees for Medicine and Surgery can help candidates plan their finances accordingly.
Moreover, gaining insight into the admission process and requirements for ESUT’s Medical School is crucial for aspiring medical students. We will delve into the eligibility criteria, including academic prerequisites, entrance examinations, and necessary documentation.
Whether you are a high school graduate contemplating your future or a college student seeking a transfer, this comprehensive guide will be an invaluable resource to help you navigate your way towards a rewarding medical career.
ESUT College of Medicine
The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) College of Medicine is a public medical school located in Enugu, Nigeria. It was established in 1984 and is one of the five medical schools in Nigeria. The college offers a five-year undergraduate medical degree program leading to the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. The MBBS program is accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and the West African College of Physicians (WACP).
The college has a teaching hospital, the ESUT Teaching Hospital, which is located in Enugu. The teaching hospital has a bed capacity of 500 and is equipped with modern facilities for teaching and research. The college also has a number of affiliated hospitals, including the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu, the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Enugu, and the Bishop Shanahan Hospital, Nsukka.
The college has a strong research tradition and has published over 500 research papers in international journals. The college also has a number of active research centers, including the Center for Clinical Pharmacology, the Center for Cancer Research, and the Center for Infectious Diseases.
The college has produced over 2,000 medical graduates who are now working in various parts of Nigeria and the world. The college is committed to providing quality medical education and training to produce competent and compassionate doctors who will serve the people of Nigeria.
In 2023, the Enugu State University College of Medicine inducted 48 new medical doctors. The induction ceremony was presided over by Dr. T.A.B. Sanusi, Registrar of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN). In his address, Dr. Sanusi urged the new doctors to be good ambassadors of their institution and to uphold the highest standards of medical ethics and professionalism.
Here is some additional information about the ESUT College of Medicine:
- The college has a student body of over 1,000.
- The college has a faculty of over 100 lecturers.
- The college has a library with over 20,000 books and journals.
- The college has a computer center with over 100 computers.
- The college has a sports complex with a football pitch, a basketball court, and a volleyball court.
- The college has a cafeteria that serves students and staff.
- The college has a guest house that can accommodate visiting lecturers and students.
- The ESUT College of Medicine is a leading medical school in Nigeria and is committed to providing quality medical education and training to produce competent and compassionate doctors who will serve the people of Nigeria.
Here are the admission requirements for undergraduates at the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT):
- Must be a citizen of Nigeria.
- Must have a minimum of five credit passes in SSCE/GCE O’Level or equivalent in relevant subjects.
- Must have scored at least 180 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Must have passed the ESUT Post-UTME Screening Examination.
- Specific Requirements
The specific requirements for admission into different undergraduate programs at ESUT vary. However, some of the common requirements include:
- Must have a minimum of five credit passes in SSCE/GCE O’Level or equivalent in English Language, Mathematics, and three other subjects relevant to the program.
- Must have scored at least 180 in the UTME.
- Must have passed the ESUT Post-UTME Screening Examination.
In addition to the general and specific requirements, applicants may also be required to provide additional information, such as:
- Transcripts from previous institutions attended.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement.
The application process for admission to ESUT is as follows:
- Visit the ESUT website and download the application form.
- Fill out the application form and submit it along with the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Take the ESUT Post-UTME Screening Examination.
- Wait for the results of the Post-UTME Screening Examination.
- If you are offered admission, you will be required to pay the acceptance fee and register for classes.
How Much Is ESUT School Fees For Medicine And Surgery
The school fees for medicine and surgery at ESUT are as follows:
- Acceptance fee: ₦26,100
- School fees: ₦124,900
- Development fee: ₦300,000 (for medicine)
- Hostel fee: ₦40,000 (not compulsory)
- Lodges: ₦70,000 – ₦290,000 (self-contained)
- Matriculation fee: ₦15,000
- Medicals: ₦2,450
- Textbooks: ₦30,000 (compulsory in year one)
- Departmental/Faculty fees: ₦10,000
- Verification process: ₦10,000
The total cost of studying medicine and surgery at ESUT can vary depending on the student’s circumstances. However, the above fees provide a general overview of the costs involved.
In addition to the above fees, students may also be required to pay for other expenses, such as:
- Transport fees
- Social activities fees
Please note that the information in this article is based on the latest available data at the time of writing, and it is advisable to consult official sources or the ESUT website for the most accurate and up-to-date details regarding school fees, admission processes, and requirements.