Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the prestigious Manulife Scholarship, an esteemed program that empowers students to pursue their academic dreams and unlock their full potential. In this article, we delve into the intricacies of the Manulife Scholarship, shedding light on its eligibility criteria, the application process, and the remarkable benefits it offers. Whether you are a high-achieving student seeking financial support or a passionate advocate of educational opportunities, this guide will equip you with the essential knowledge to navigate the pathway to the Manulife Scholarship.
Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program
Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program—a pioneering initiative designed to empower students in Canada who have faced the challenging experience of losing a parent or guardian with limited or no life insurance. Recognizing the immense financial strain that accompanies such circumstances, this scholarship program aims to alleviate the burden and provide much-needed support for pursuing post-secondary education.
The Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program is a testament to the resilience and determination displayed by countless young individuals in the face of adversity. By extending financial assistance, it strives to make the decision of enrolling in and completing a college, university, or trade school program a little more accessible.
If you are currently a post-secondary student or soon-to-be one and you are seeking financial aid, this is an opportunity worth exploring. In the following sections, we will delve into the qualifications and application process, enabling you to determine your eligibility and embark on a journey towards securing this invaluable scholarship.
If you are considering applying for the Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the criteria. Below, you will find a list of frequently asked questions and corresponding answers to guide you through the application process.
To be eligible for the Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Enrollment in or acceptance to a college, university, or trade school in Canada: Applicants must be currently enrolled in or have received acceptance to an educational institution in Canada.
- Permanent residency in Canada: Candidates must hold permanent residency status in Canada.
- Age criteria: Applicants must be between 17 and 24 years old at the time of application.
- Experience of a parental or legal guardian’s death with little or no life insurance coverage: Candidates should have encountered the loss of a parent or legal guardian who had limited or no life insurance coverage.
These criteria form the foundation for determining eligibility for the Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship. If you meet these requirements, you are well on your way to exploring the application process and taking the first step toward securing valuable financial assistance for your educational journey.
To apply for the Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program, you will need to follow these steps:
- Gather necessary information: Prepare your basic personal details required for the application.
- Choose your format: You have two options to share your story—submit a 500-word essay or create a 3-minute video. Both formats should focus on how the loss of your parent or guardian has impacted your life financially and emotionally. It can be challenging to share such a personal experience, and if needed, your surviving parent or legal guardian can create the entry on your behalf. However, it is important that you authorize and provide consent for any entry prepared by them.
- Highlight the impact: Within your essay or video, discuss how the loss of your parent or guardian has affected your post-secondary education plans and your family’s financial situation. Emphasize your resilience and the efforts you have made to stay on track toward attending your chosen educational program during this challenging period.
- Stay within the guidelines: Ensure that your essay does not exceed 500 words, or if you opt for a video, keep it within three minutes. Entries that surpass these limits will be automatically disqualified.
- Consent and authorization: If someone creates the entry on your behalf, make sure they obtain the appropriate consent for its use in support of your application. The creator of the entry may be required to sign a consent form granting Manulife permission to use and disclose the entry and any accompanying recordings, pictures, videos, or images.
- Review the Rules and Regulations: Before submitting your application, carefully read the full Rules and Regulations to ensure your eligibility for the Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program.
By following these steps and providing a thoughtful and compelling entry, you will be one step closer to receiving the invaluable support offered by the Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship.
A panel of judges, appointed by Manulife, will evaluate all eligible entries based on the following criteria (not necessarily in order of importance):
- Compelling Nature of the Story: The judges will assess the emotional impact and engaging qualities of the story.
- Instructiveness on Insurance Planning: The extent to which the story highlights the importance of proper insurance planning, specifically how inadequate life insurance coverage affected the family’s ability to meet future financial goals.
- Determination to Pursue Higher Education: The judges will consider the student’s resilience and determination to overcome personal loss and pursue their educational aspirations.
- In the event of a tie, the judging panel will vote to determine the scholarship recipient. The selection process will solely rely on the information provided in the application. There are no restrictions on scholarship recipients holding other grants, awards, or receiving assistance or income from other sources. The scholarships will not be allocated based on geographic regions.
- The potential recipients will be chosen. They will receive notification via telephone and/or email. Manulife reserves the right not to award some or all of the allotted scholarships if there is an insufficient number of entries or if the entries do not meet a satisfactory minimum score based on the above judging criteria, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion.
The Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program offers successful applicants an annual scholarship amount of $10,000 each.
The scholarship amount will be directly disbursed to the recipients. The recipients are solely responsible for any taxes, costs, and additional expenses associated with receiving the scholarship. The scholarship cannot be transferred, assigned, redeemed for cash, or substituted in any form. All details regarding the scholarships are at the discretion of Manulife. Before receiving the scholarship funds, the recipients will be required to provide proof of enrollment.
Scholarship Recipient Notification
The scholarship recipients will be notified. In the event that, after reasonable efforts deemed appropriate by Manulife at its sole discretion, a potential scholarship recipient cannot be reached through the contact information provided in the application via telephone or email, or fails to respond to any messages or contact attempts left on associated answering services, the potential recipient may be disqualified, and an alternate candidate may be notified. Manulife will not be held responsible if, for any reason, the potential scholarship recipient fails to receive the notification. Within 15 days of notification, potential scholarship recipients will be required to sign and return a Representation Agreement and a Consent, Waiver, and Release. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in disqualification, and an alternate candidate may be notified.
Contact Information for Manulife Scholarship
For further information, visit the official website via this link: https://www.manulife.ca/personal/plan-and-learn/life-events/life-lessons-scholarship.html
Manulife Scholarship Application Link : https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/manulife_life_lessons_scholarship_apply