In this article, we’ll explore how much KPMG pays Corpers. If you’re a prospective corps member seeking information on KPMG’s compensation, this article is for you. Read on.
Before delving into pay details, let’s take a brief look at KPMG—the institution’s history, functions, and essential information every prospective youth corper or a serving corps member should know before applying to serve there.
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services, operating in Nigeria since 1978, serve as the KPMG member firms in the country. They provide diverse professional services to both local and international organizations within Nigeria’s business community.
As part of KPMG International Limited, a multinational professional services network and one of the prestigious Big Four accounting organizations, KPMG operates in 145 countries with 273,424 employees. The name “KPMG” originates from the merger of KMG (Klynveld Main Goerdeler) and Peat Marwick in 1987. While headquartered in Amstelveen, Netherlands, it is incorporated in London, England.
KPMG’s global services encompass financial audit, tax, and advisory, with further divisions in tax and advisory services. Despite its global presence, the past decade has seen some parts of the firm’s network involved in regulatory actions and lawsuits.
In Nigeria, KPMG is a prominent member firm, delivering audit, tax, and advisory services to a diverse clientele. With a history dating back to the late 1970s, KPMG Nigeria has earned a leading position in the professional services sector, known for its quality and expertise.
- Ensuring Financial Statement Accuracy and Reliability: KPMG Nigeria’s auditors meticulously examine financial records to verify their accuracy and adherence to best practices, guaranteeing trustworthiness for investors and stakeholders.
- Expertise Across Tax Domains: KPMG Nigeria’s tax professionals offer comprehensive guidance on corporate tax, personal tax, international tax, and more, assisting clients in navigating the complexities of Nigerian tax regulations and maximizing tax efficiencies.
- Strategic Insights for Business Growth: KPMG’s advisory services offer strategic insights for business growth through expert counsel in various domains. In the aspect of Risk Consulting, the focus is on identifying and mitigating potential risks to ensure the safeguarding of business operations. The Transaction Services aspect involves facilitating complex financial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. Lastly, in the field of Management Consulting, KPMG excels at optimizing organizational strategies, processes, and overall performance, contributing to the holistic growth and success of businesses.
- Streamlining Operations and Compliance: KPMG managed services streamline operations and compliance for clients by efficiently handling crucial tasks. This includes services such as bookkeeping and financial reporting, tax management, payroll support, and immigration support, providing a seamless and comprehensive approach to essential business functions.
- Unwavering Focus on Excellence: KPMG prioritizes quality assurance and continuous improvement, actively investing in cutting-edge technologies and training programs to maintain its position at the forefront of the professional services industry.
- Positive Community Impact: KPMG demonstrates a strong commitment to social responsibility, actively engaging in initiatives that support education, healthcare, and environmental sustainability.
How Much Does KPMG Pay Corpers?
According to reliable sources, KPMG pays Corpers a monthly allowance of around N75,000. The actual pay may vary based on the specific role and department the Youth Corper is assigned to. Different roles and industry office locations can influence the pay scale.
For detailed information on serving at KPMG, it’s recommended to contact them directly. But, however, Corpers should be vigilant for announcements regarding when KPMG will be accepting applications. Necessary credentials, including your Statement of Result and WAEC result, should be readily available during the application process.
Additionally, make sure to get a request letter from KPMG if you want to be posted there from Camp.