Welcome to our article that contains Caleb University hostel pictures. If you’re a student, particularly an aspirant at Caleb University, and you’ve been curious about what this institution has to offer in terms of accommodation, you’re in the right place.
In this article, we’re not only going to provide you with a visual tour of Caleb University Hostel through pictures but also offer you a wealth of essential information about the university itself. We’ll delve into a brief history of the institution, enlighten you on admission requirements, guide you through the application processes, and highlight the advantages of choosing to stay at Caleb University Hostel as a student.
So, whether you’re interested in exploring the campus from the comfort of your screen or gathering crucial insights about life at Caleb University, our article has you covered. Let’s embark on this informative journey together to discover all that Caleb University and its hostels have to offer.
Caleb University is a renowned institution that stands at the forefront of education, research, and innovation. It consistently ranks among the top 10 most sought-after private universities in Nigeria, showcasing its dedication to academic excellence. Since its establishment in 2007, Caleb University has been nurturing individuals with a relentless passion for positive change and a global outlook.
This university values innovation and actively transforms ideas into tangible actions. Its commitment to investing in students who possess curiosity, drive, empathy, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on their surroundings is evident. Caleb University takes pride in its exceptional students, who exhibit both godly character and outstanding academic and industry performance, not only locally but also on the international stage.
Caleb University offers a diverse range of educational opportunities, currently featuring 27 undergraduate degree programs and 9 postgraduate degree programs spanning across six distinguished Colleges. These Colleges cover a wide spectrum of fields, including environmental sciences, pure and applied sciences, social and management sciences, education, law, and postgraduate studies. Notably, all mature programs at Caleb University have received due accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC) and relevant professional bodies, ensuring the quality and credibility of the education provided.
Caleb University’s history is a testament to its rapid growth and prominence in the Nigerian educational landscape. It was officially licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria on May 17, 2007. Just a few months later, on January 21, 2008, the university commenced full academic activities with three foundational colleges: the College of Environmental Sciences and Management (COLENSMA), the College of Pure and Applied Sciences (COPAS), and the College of Social and Management Sciences (COSOMAS).
A significant milestone came in November 2009 when Caleb University relocated to its permanent and impressive site along Km 15 Ikorodu-Itoikin Road, Imota, Lagos. This move marked a pivotal moment in the university’s journey.
The institution’s commitment to academic advancement and innovation is evident in various milestones, including the commencement of the MSc Degree in Architecture in March 2013. In October 2019, Caleb University released a new anthem tune, underscoring its evolving identity.
Notably, in February 2021, the university received approvals from both the National Universities Commission (NUC) and the Council of Legal Education for the establishment of the College of Law. This expansion was further validated by the Council of Legal Education’s approval in November 2021.
In its relatively short history, Caleb University has already celebrated several significant events, such as its 12th Convocation & Founder’s Day in January 2023. As of June 15, 2023, the university is gearing up for its upcoming 5th Inaugural Lecture, highlighting its continued commitment to academic excellence and intellectual advancement.
Despite its brief history, Caleb University has emerged as one of Nigeria’s most sought-after private institutions, known for its dedication to academic excellence, character development, and state-of-the-art facilities.
To secure admission into Caleb University, UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) candidates must satisfy specific requirements:
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 16 years old, demonstrating readiness for tertiary education.
- O’Level Result: Candidates must possess O’Level results with a minimum of six “Cs (Credits)” grades. These credits must include English language, mathematics, and three other subjects relevant to their chosen area of study. For example, a prospective law student must obtain a “C” grade in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- JAMB UTME Score: A minimum score of 160 in the JAMB UTME (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) is required for eligibility.
- CUL Post-UTME Screening: Depending on their chosen degree program, candidates must take the Caleb University post-UTME screening test and perform well.
- Single O-Level Sitting: Caleb University accepts O-Level results from only one sitting. Combining results from multiple sittings is not permitted.
- Subject Selection: Candidates should carefully choose the appropriate combination of subjects that align with their intended courses of study.
- Cutoff Mark: Applicants must attain the required cutoff mark established for their respective courses to be considered for admission.
These admission requirements ensure that prospective students have a strong academic foundation and meet the university’s standards for their chosen programs. Meeting these criteria is essential for a successful application to Caleb University.
Direct Entry Requirements
For individuals seeking direct entry admission into Caleb University (CUL), specific criteria must be met:
- O’Level Requirements: Applicants should have a minimum of five (5) credits on their O-level transcript, which must include Mathematics and English Language. Caleb University does not accept results from two separate sittings; all required credits should be obtained in a single sitting.
- Age Requirement: Candidates must be 16 years old or older, demonstrating their readiness for higher education.
- JAMB Direct Entry Form: To apply, aspiring direct entry students are expected to obtain a JAMB Direct Entry form from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Certificate Possession: Applicants must hold certificates such as OND (Ordinary National Diploma), ND (National Diploma), NCE (National Certificate in Education), IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Board), Cambridge A level, BSc (Bachelor of Science), HND (Higher National Diploma), or ICAN (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria), among others.
Caleb University offers a broad spectrum of courses that cover a wide range of subjects beneficial to students. These courses have received accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC), ensuring their quality and alignment with educational standards. Prospective direct entry students must meet these requirements to be considered for admission to Caleb University.
Caleb University Hostel Pictures
Caleb University provides hostel accommodations to its students, offering a variety of options to cater to their needs and preferences. These hostels are designed to provide a comfortable and conducive living environment for students throughout their academic journey.
The university’s hostels include shared rooms in Mary Hall and Elisha and Susanna Hall, as well as en-suite rooms with either six or four beds. Each option comes with its own corresponding fee structure, allowing students to choose based on their budget and accommodation preferences.
These hostels are not only places to stay but also serve as hubs for social interaction and community building among students. They offer essential amenities and a secure environment, contributing to a positive campus experience for residents.
Caleb University prioritizes the well-being of its students, and the availability of hostel accommodations is part of its commitment to ensuring that students have a comfortable and supportive living arrangement during their academic pursuit.
Caleb University Hostel Fees
Caleb University offers various hostel accommodation options with corresponding fees for students. Here is an overview of the hostel fees:
- Shared rooms in Mary Hall: The cost for shared rooms in Mary Hall is N95,000.00 per semester.
- Shared rooms in Elisha & Susanna Hall: For shared rooms in Elisha & Susanna Hall, the fee is N110,000.00 per semester.
- En-suite rooms (6 bedded): Accommodation in en-suite rooms with six beds is priced at N125,000.00 per semester.
- En-suite rooms (4 bedded): Students opting for en-suite rooms with four beds will pay N145,000.00 per semester.
These fees cover the cost of hostel accommodation for the specified duration, offering students a range of choices based on their preferences and budget.
The information contained herein is derived from data obtained from sources believed by the author to be reliable and in good faith, but no guarantees are made regarding the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of the content, and the post may be updated from time to time without notice.